Find our fleet around town: our arborists and contractors take pictures for our blog to post. We a local business fixing our town one project at a time!
Follow our blog as we share our projects with you.
- Social Media -
FOLLOW OUR PROJECTS!
- What does tree service cost? The price range can range between $350 and $4500. That's a pretty big range! The national average for tree removal so far this year is $871, but there are so many factors that make up the cost of tree removal it's hard to just go off an average. We take in consideration the size of the tree, the access point and so much more.
- Why is tree service so expensive? The heavy and complex equipment used to provide professional tree service is expensive to own and operate. Insurance, maintenance, and proper operation, including fuel and labor costs, are not cheap.
- How do I get rid of trees for free? 1 Check to see if your trees are part of a city, to see if you qualify for a state or federal program. 2 Call the power company to remove any unwanted trees that are near power lines. 3 Cut down the trees yourself.
- Is it cheaper to trim a tree or cut it down? Removing a small tree, of course, costs less than bringing down an 80-foot oak. And if a tree has almost nothing around it or near it, that makes it much easier to remove, and therefore much less expensive to remove.
- How much does it cost to put up a fence? The cost to install a fence averages. For the most common materials, you'll spend anywhere from $13 to $50 per linear foot, including professional installation. Labor and materials each make up 50% of the total budget.
- What is the best material to use for a fence? Cedar, teak and redwood are popular fencing material types for their durable and long-lasting properties. Bamboo fencing has become an eco-trend option since it grows so fast. You can also look into pressure-treated woods to increase durability and resistance to rot and bugs.
- Is it cheaper to build a fence horizontal or vertical? This helps to slow deterioration and cracking. Horizontal fences tend to be more expensive than vertical fences because they require a higher grade of lumber for the fence boards to reduce the possibility of sagging.
- Is staining a fence necessary? Like paint, a quality exterior stain helps protect wood fencing from long-term damage caused by moisture and the sun. Leaving a bare fence unstained for too long can lead to splitting and cracks in the wood, reducing its lifespan. We would recommend staining the fence to ensure a longer lifespan.
- How often should gutters be cleaned? Speaking in general terms, you should make a point of cleaning your gutters at least twice a year. Depending on what sort of foliage you have near your home (such as pine trees), you may want to clean once every three months
- What happens if you don't clean your gutters? If gutters are not cleaned and water overflows from the gutters, it will fall along the foundation of the building. ... Also, if the foundation is wet and then freezes, this will cause heaving and cracks. In extreme cases, water damage can cause structural failure in a building.
- What time of year should you get your gutters cleaned? After or before winter for best results. Whether you hire a professional or take on the task yourself, your gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year. Ideally in early spring and early fall. Cleaning out your gutters in early spring will prepare them for the heavy rains that are common during this season.
- What problems do clogged gutters cause? When your gutters become clogged, water will be unable to properly divert away from your home. Instead, the water will spill over the side of your gutters, leading to a number of different issues like foundation damage, structural issues, mold and mildew and basement flooding.
- How much does pressure washing service cost? Costs for soft wash and pressure washing depends on the size of the surface, the level of dirt covering its surface.
- Is it a good idea to pressure wash your roof? Using too much pressure when washing a roof can loosen the granules on shingles, causing those tiles to become thin and brittle. You can even loosen old and loose shingles or blow shingles right off a roof with too much pressure from a power washer!
- How long does it take to pressure wash house? The amount of time it takes to pressure wash a typical house ranges from about 30 minutes to 2 hours. An additional 15 to 30 minutes of setup and pack up time is also needed. Pressure washing has two parts – applying the cleaning liquids and then rinsing (pressure washing) the exterior.
- What do excavation companies do? Excavation contractors dig, move and grade the earth using heavy machinery for various construction projects. The most common jobs include trenching, grading and landscaping. ... This means your general contractor takes care of all hiring and project management.
- What are the types of excavation?
Excavation by Material
- Topsoil Excavation.
- Rock Excavation. ...
- Muck Excavation. ...
- Earth Excavation. ...
- Cut and Fill Excavation. ...
- Trench Excavation. ...
- Basement Excavation. ...
- Is grading the same as excavation? Whether it's for a new commercial building or residential addition, the property has to be fully cleared, shaped, and smoothed out before the project can begin. That's where excavating and grading come into play. Excavating focuses on removing obstacles and changing the shape of the plot.
- What are the 4 types of welding? 4 Types of Welding Processes
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG) This style of welding is also referred to as Metal Inert Gas (MIG)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Gas Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Is welding difficult? For most people, welding is moderately to very difficult to learn how to do, as it's a hands-on skill that requires more than just reading. Furthermore, welding is very difficult to actually do for most people, because it takes years and years of practice, on top of learning how to do it.
- What welding means? Welding is a fabrication process whereby two or more parts are fused together by means of heat, pressure or both forming a join as the parts cool. Welding is usually used on metals and thermoplastics but can also be used on wood.
- Why do welders drink milk? Why do welders drink milk? “The milk theory is that when a welder is exposed to zinc fumes produced by welding galvanized steel, the calcium in the milk supposedly helps prevent the body's absorption of the zinc. This does work to some degree, but it's obviously not a cure for severe exposure to zinc fumes.”
Hear what our customer have to say about us!
"We hired United structures to clean up and haul away a very large collection of tree and yard debris from the Salem ice storms. They were prompt, professional and thorough. They worked rapidly and completed all debris removal, even cleaning up small pieces of trees and leaving the area extremely clean. I highly recommend this company and will hire them again."
"Very Good. Very professional & thorough. Will hire for additional work."
"It was excellent. They did a good job. He was hard working. He was reliable. He was honest."
"Very well. Prompt, and took great care with work and house. Amazingly able to remove years of grime without damaging house or decorative pieces. No plants harmed. Windows and house sparkle. I have tried others less successfully before- I was very happy to finally have a business do such careful and thorough of a clean. Definitely recommend."