Quality Construction Work
Follow us as we share our projects with you.
- Social Media -
FOLLOW OUR PROJECTS!
- What does tree service cost? The price range can range between $350 and $4500. That's a pretty big range! The national average for tree removal so far this year is $871, but there are so many factors that make up the cost of tree removal it's hard to just go off an average. We take in consideration the size of the tree, the access point and so much more.
- Why is tree service so expensive? The heavy and complex equipment used to provide professional tree service is expensive to own and operate. Insurance, maintenance, and proper operation, including fuel and labor costs, are not cheap.
- How do I get rid of trees for free? 1 Check to see if your trees are part of a city, to see if you qualify for a state or federal program. 2 Call the power company to remove any unwanted trees that are near power lines. 3 Cut down the trees yourself.
- Is it cheaper to trim a tree or cut it down? Removing a small tree, of course, costs less than bringing down an 80-foot oak. And if a tree has almost nothing around it or near it, that makes it much easier to remove, and therefore much less expensive to remove.
- How much does a painting company charge? A professional painter typically charges between per hour or per square feet. The cost will vary based on the painter's experience, the difficulty of the job and where the project is located.
- Why is it important to paint? A new paint job does more than simply look good. Quality exterior paint works as an added layer of protection from the elements, helping to keep your home safe from weather damage, insects, dust, odor, etc. It can also prevent exterior wood from rotting.
- Is it worth it to hire a painter? When your home needs its interior or exterior painted, you might be tempted to do the job yourself but in the long run, this option usually costs more time and money. Hiring a professional painter is always worth the money you spend, mainly because the job is guaranteed to be done correctly the first time.
- What is the best quality paint brand? 1. Sherwin-Williams 2. valspar 3. Behr
We prefer Sherwin-Williams for our painting projects.
- What is included in drywall installation?Materials
- Drywall Panels.
- Construction Adhesive.
- Mesh & Paper Drywall Tape.
- Joint Compound.
- Drywall Screws.
- Ring Drywall Nails.
- Interior Paint.
- Is it better to plaster or drywall? Plaster has many advantages over modern drywall. It provides better insulation, fireproofing and soundproofing than drywall. Also, unlike drywall, it will not harbor mold because mold cannot grow in it. ... When building a new house, real plaster walls are more expensive than drywall
- Which drywall is best? The thickest of all the types of drywall, 5/8-inch drywall is often fire-resistant and is the best choice for soundproofing rooms. It makes a great choice for ceiling applications because it helps to prevent sagging over time.
- How many coats of drywall mud do I need? You need to lay one layer of mud onto the bare wall to hold the tape, and you can usually lay another immediately after you lay the tape and scrape it. After that coat dries, you topcoat with a third layer, using a wider knife than you used for taping.
- How much does it cost to put up a fence? The cost to install a fence averages. For the most common materials, you'll spend anywhere from $13 to $50 per linear foot, including professional installation. Labor and materials each make up 50% of the total budget.
- What is the best material to use for a fence? Cedar, teak and redwood are popular fencing material types for their durable and long-lasting properties. Bamboo fencing has become an eco-trend option since it grows so fast. You can also look into pressure-treated woods to increase durability and resistance to rot and bugs.
- Is it cheaper to build a fence horizontal or vertical? This helps to slow deterioration and cracking. Horizontal fences tend to be more expensive than vertical fences because they require a higher grade of lumber for the fence boards to reduce the possibility of sagging.
- Is staining a fence necessary? Like paint, a quality exterior stain helps protect wood fencing from long-term damage caused by moisture and the sun. Leaving a bare fence unstained for too long can lead to splitting and cracks in the wood, reducing its lifespan. We would recommend staining the fence to ensure a longer lifespan.
- How do you know if you need new siding? Cracking, fading, or peeling from whether – Cracks, fading, and peeling are signs of aging, often occurring due to harsh sunlight and/or from frost and thaw cycles. Also, if your painted siding doesn't seem to hold onto the paint well anymore, it's a sign it's time to replace it.
- How often should siding be replaced? Generally speaking, vinyl siding will last somewhere in the 10 to 20 year range. If you go beyond that, your siding probably isn't going to be as effective as it once was. Consider replacing it sooner than later.
- What is the longest lasting siding?
- Fiber Cement Siding. ...
- Engineered Wood Siding. ...
- Cement-Bonded Particle Board. ...
- Brick Veneer. ...
- Vinyl Siding
- What does a siding contractor do? If you're looking to have siding installed or replaced on your home's exterior, you will probably be hiring a contractor. The professional siding contractors have the knowledge, expertise and tools necessary to install various types of siding, including fiber cement, vinyl, wood or metal.
- What is the difference between crown molding and trim? Trim is a general term, often used to describe all types of molding and millwork. Casing is a type of molding, typically used to trim the perimeter of windows and doors. ... Crown molding (or crowns) is a type of molding, which is applied where the wall and ceiling meet.
- Is crown molding worth the cost? Crown Molding can lead to increased home value and a positive ROI depending on how much you have invested in the project.
- What is trim construction? Definition. Trim- Interior. The finish materials in a building, such as moldings applied around openings (window trim, door trim) or at the floor and ceiling of rooms (baseboard, cornice, and other moldings).
- What are different types of molding?
- Casing. Casing serves a practical purpose as well as providing a decorative element to a room.
- Baseboard. Found in many homes, the baseboard is a type of crown molding which covers the space between the wall and floor.
- Crown Molding
- Chair Rail Border.
- Is a new front door a good investment? An entry door replacement is one of the most affordable and important investments you can make in your home — one that will pay for itself many times over throughout the life of the door. ... This makes a new door a wise investment if or when you are ready to sell your home.
- What tools do you need to replace a door? Tools
- Drill / Driver and Bits.
- Circular Saw.
- Planer (Optional)
- Router (If installing rounded hinges)
- Utility Knife.
- Wood Chisel.
- Can you replace an interior door without replacing the frame? You can install a new door to replace an old or damaged door in two ways: Use a "prehung" door already set into a finish frame to replace the old door and jambs, or use the existing jambs and set a new door into the hinges.
- What is the difference between exterior and interior doors? The first difference is that exterior doors are heavy and interior doors are light. Interior doors are likely not soundproof, due to their hollowness. Nobody likes to open or close heavy interior doors inside their home on a daily basis, so exterior doors are sturdier and heavier.
- Should I repair or replace my window? In most cases, the cost of repairing the wood or replacing certain parts is liable to cost more than a new window set. Therefore, you should replace windows with rotten wood.
- Why do you need to replace the window? Windows provide some heat in the winter by letting in sunlight. But drafty windows can cause your energy bills to be about 10% to 25% higher, according to Energy.gov. Replacing your windows with energy-efficient ones can reduce your heating and cooling bills.
- Are vinyl replacement windows any good? Vinyl windows aren't as durable as wood windows, but they can last many years. A quality vinyl window will also save you money on energy bills because the insulation in the frame of the window itself is energy efficient. Additionally, vinyl windows require no maintenance because they never need painting or scraping.
- Should I replace all windows at once? If funds are tight go ahead and replace that one worn-out window. If you have more financial flexibility, consider replacing multiple windows at once. You can improve your aesthetics and energy efficiency in the long run.
- How often should gutters be cleaned? Speaking in general terms, you should make a point of cleaning your gutters at least twice a year. Depending on what sort of foliage you have near your home (such as pine trees), you may want to clean once every three months
- What happens if you don't clean your gutters? If gutters are not cleaned and water overflows from the gutters, it will fall along the foundation of the building. ... Also, if the foundation is wet and then freezes, this will cause heaving and cracks. In extreme cases, water damage can cause structural failure in a building.
- What time of year should you get your gutters cleaned? After or before winter for best results. Whether you hire a professional or take on the task yourself, your gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year. Ideally in early spring and early fall. Cleaning out your gutters in early spring will prepare them for the heavy rains that are common during this season.
- What problems do clogged gutters cause? When your gutters become clogged, water will be unable to properly divert away from your home. Instead, the water will spill over the side of your gutters, leading to a number of different issues like foundation damage, structural issues, mold and mildew and basement flooding.
- What causes moss to grow on a roof? Moss thrives in cool, damp environments. If you have moss on your roof, it's likely because your roof is shaded by trees or other structures, allowing moisture to linger and moss to grow. ... Once the spores get on the roof, they gather in the spaces between shingles and grow into thick spongy moss.
- Is it bad to have moss growing on your roof? Moss can severely damage the structural integrity of any type roof. This eventually can lead to holes in your roof and leaks into your home. It is also dangerous to walk on a moss covered roof because it makes surfaces very slippery when wet. It's very important to monitor for moss growth and treat as needed.
- When should I treat my roof for moss? The best time to treat roof moss is when it's actively growing. Moss grows very little in summer, but it kicks into high gear during fall rains, moderate winters and early spring months. Treating right before peak fall rains is perfect timing for roof moss treatments.
- Why is Moss falling off my roof? There are many reasons for moss removal from a roof. When there is so much moss of the roof that it is falling daily it is a big indicator that it's time for moss removal from the roof. At this stage it is likely that your gutters are full, causing drainage problems and possible future damp problems.
- How much does pressure washing service cost? Costs for soft wash and pressure washing depends on the size of the surface, the level of dirt covering its surface.
- Is it a good idea to pressure wash your roof? Using too much pressure when washing a roof can loosen the granules on shingles, causing those tiles to become thin and brittle. You can even loosen old and loose shingles or blow shingles right off a roof with too much pressure from a power washer!
- How long does it take to pressure wash house? The amount of time it takes to pressure wash a typical house ranges from about 30 minutes to 2 hours. An additional 15 to 30 minutes of setup and pack up time is also needed. Pressure washing has two parts – applying the cleaning liquids and then rinsing (pressure washing) the exterior.
- What does a concrete contractor do? A concrete contractor builds structures from concrete, often handling every step of the process from mixing ingredients to building the retaining structure to pouring and settling the mix. This individual or team supervises delivery and pouring to ensure that it's done correctly.
- Is sealing concrete necessary? Concrete performs quite adequately if it is never sealed at all, but applying a good quality sealer every few years will extend its life and keep it looking good. ... Applying a concrete sealer is an easy project for a DIYer, and it will keep your concrete slabs looking good and potentially lasting longer.
- What are the uses of concrete? Concrete is used to make
- Architectural Structures.
- Roads and Bridges.
- Parking Structures.
- Walls and Footings for Gates.
- When should I use cement or concrete? Concrete works well in larger projects, while cement is more often used in smaller jobs. One of the strongest and longest-lasting materials known to man, concrete is used to build schools, bridges, sidewalks, and countless other structures.
- What do excavation companies do? Excavation contractors dig, move and grade the earth using heavy machinery for various construction projects. The most common jobs include trenching, grading and landscaping. ... This means your general contractor takes care of all hiring and project management.
- What are the types of excavation?
Excavation by Material
- Topsoil Excavation.
- Rock Excavation. ...
- Muck Excavation. ...
- Earth Excavation. ...
- Cut and Fill Excavation. ...
- Trench Excavation. ...
- Basement Excavation. ...
- Is grading the same as excavation? Whether it's for a new commercial building or residential addition, the property has to be fully cleared, shaped, and smoothed out before the project can begin. That's where excavating and grading come into play. Excavating focuses on removing obstacles and changing the shape of the plot.
- What are the 4 types of welding? 4 Types of Welding Processes
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG) This style of welding is also referred to as Metal Inert Gas (MIG)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Gas Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Is welding difficult? For most people, welding is moderately to very difficult to learn how to do, as it's a hands-on skill that requires more than just reading. Furthermore, welding is very difficult to actually do for most people, because it takes years and years of practice, on top of learning how to do it.
- What welding means? Welding is a fabrication process whereby two or more parts are fused together by means of heat, pressure or both forming a join as the parts cool. Welding is usually used on metals and thermoplastics but can also be used on wood.
- Why do welders drink milk? Why do welders drink milk? “The milk theory is that when a welder is exposed to zinc fumes produced by welding galvanized steel, the calcium in the milk supposedly helps prevent the body's absorption of the zinc. This does work to some degree, but it's obviously not a cure for severe exposure to zinc fumes.”
Hear what our customer have to say about us!
"We hired United structures to clean up and haul away a very large collection of tree and yard debris from the Salem ice storms. They were prompt, professional and thorough. They worked rapidly and completed all debris removal, even cleaning up small pieces of trees and leaving the area extremely clean. I highly recommend this company and will hire them again."
"Very Good. Very professional & thorough. Will hire for additional work."
"It was excellent. They did a good job. He was hard working. He was reliable. He was honest."
"Very well. Prompt, and took great care with work and house. Amazingly able to remove years of grime without damaging house or decorative pieces. No plants harmed. Windows and house sparkle. I have tried others less successfully before- I was very happy to finally have a business do such careful and thorough of a clean. Definitely recommend."